Vegetarian Chili



This is another recipe from Weight Watchers.

Ingredients:-1 tsp canola oil
-1 clove garlic, minced
-14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
-15 oz kidney beans
-15 oz yellow corn
-15 oz tomato sauce
-1 tbsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
-1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-4 tbsp cheddar cheese

For my chili I made a few variations --
I substituted the canola oil for vegetable oil,
I substituted the oregano for Italian seasoning
I substituted the onion flakes for 1/2 tsp of onion powder

Heat oil and garlic in a large pot over medium heat until the garlic is aromatic.


Add all of the vegetables and seasoning.
Stir.



Bring the chili to a boil and cook for five minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.


Server garnished with the cheddar cheese.
This recipe was cheap to make and took less than fifteen minutes to cook. My roommate and I both enjoyed the chili, when we make the chili again I plan to leave out the stewed tomatoes and add more tomato sauce -- there was nothing wrong with the chili with the tomatoes, personally I don't like large pieces of tomatoes and prefer more liquid in my chili.

Comments

Popular Posts