Easy Orange Muffins


J is a big fan of loaf cakes (see the Limoncello Lemon Cake blog) so when I saw this recipe for Orange Loaf Cake I knew I needed to make it. It also helped that I had all of the ingredients at home except for an orange so it turned out to be a pretty good deal.

When I made the Limoncello Lemon Cake it took forever to cook in my oven so I decided to modify this recipe to make muffins instead so that they would be done sooner.

I modified this recipe for Orange Loaf Cake, the biggest changes were that the recipe used cake flour (I used all purpose). I used the conversion provided by the recipe which you can find here, I included the conversion down below also. I also used the entire egg, rather than using just the egg white.

Ingredients:
-1-3/4 cup flour (spoon 3 TBS back into your flour)
-1 cup Sugar
-2 tsp Baking Powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
-1 cup Orange juice
-Zest of one orange
-2 eggs
-2 tbsp confectioner's sugar for dusting



Mix all of the dry ingredients together, blend in the oil and orange juice. Add the orange zest and eggs. You should have a lumpy batter. 


Batter, look at that orange zest!
Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Cool and then dust with powdered sugar. 
Enjoy.
These muffins were very moist with a light orange flavor. I think I prefer lemon recipes better, but that's just my personal preference overall these were a huge success.

Comments

Popular Posts