Olive Garden Lasagna Rollata Al Forno Copy Recipe


I am in love with Olive Garden. When I found this recipe on Pinterest I decided that I needed to try it, however, I adapted the original recipe because it called for a little bit of three Italian cheeses and I decided to satisfy that with a shredded Italian Cheese Blend.

Ingredients
Five Cheese Marinara Sauce
-2 cups marinara sauce
-2 cups alfredo sauce
-1/2 cup ricotta cheese
-1 cup italian blend shredded cheese
-1/4 cup red wine

Filling
-1 egg
-15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
-1 (8 ounce) mozzarella cheese, grated
-1 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend, grated
-1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, blend
-salt and pepper, to taste

Noodles
-1 lb lasagna noodle
-1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs


Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the cheese is melted. Keep over low heat until ready.
Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse the noodles in cool water so that they can be handled.

Mix all of the filling in a bowl.

Lay out a noodle.
Spread a little of the cheese mixture onto the noodle.
Roll the noodle loosely.
Almost done.
Place into a pan.
Roll all of the noodles until all of the filling is gone -- depending on if you used enough filling you made need to add to some noodles. 
Pour the sauce over the noodles and fill the rest of the pan with sauce.
Top with mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs. 
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Serve.
I'll be honest, I've never had these at an Olive Garden restaurant so I'm not sure how they compare to the real thing. However, these were pretty good, parts of the noodles did get very crispy in the oven -- in order to fix this the noodles could be laid on their sides or more sauce could be made. Although I enjoyed these, J. didn't love them, he said the filling needed something more substantial in it like a vegetable rather than being just cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts