Tomato Basil Soup


Happy Soup Wednesday!!

I love tomato basil soup, there is a restaurant near us that has perfected the recipe and I never order a different meal whenever we go there. This recipe comes from Eat Yourself Skinny!.

Other Soup Wednesday Posts:
Week 13
Week 12
Week 11
Week 10
Week 9
Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1
Ingredients:
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 1/2 cups chopped onion
-3 garlic cloves, chopped
-3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
-1 (28 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
-1/2 cup (4 oz) 1/3-less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
-1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. pepper


Saute the onion in the heated olive oil for 3 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add in the tomato and basil, bring to a boil.
Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
Blend with the immersion blender until smooth.
Enjoy.

This soup was really good, I couldn't find fresh basil at the store so I ended up using dried. Next time I will make sure to find fresh basil, I think it really makes a difference in taste and texture. I would make this recipe again though, and since it came from Eat Yourself Skinny! it's not too bad for you, you can find her calorie and portion calculations over at her blog.

Comments

Popular Posts