Slideshow


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Edible Flower Salad


This is another recipe in our Salad Wednesday series, we've also had Cucumber Salad and Deconstructed Wedge Salad. We saw edible flowers in the grocery store a while ago knew we had to use this in something soon. I found them in the grocery store right with the fresh herbs. This packet came with a few kinds of flowers, some pink and yellow. The colors were a really cool addition to the salad. I found the idea for the dressing here.

Ingredients:
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-1 Tbsp honey
-salt and pepper
-Edible Flowers
-lettuce
-any other salad ingredients you like

Mix together the olive oil, honey, lemon, salt and pepper
to make the dressing.
Put together the salad. I added cheese and croutons to mine.
Add the edible flowers.
Top with dressing.
The flowers looked really good, but they looked better than they tasted. They kind of tasted how I imagine flowers taste. They smelled like flowers too, I think that is what got me. But the taste wasn't too strong, I think this is something to try if you are interested. I really liked the salad dressing though, it was the perfect amount of sweet, and really easy to make. I always like when I can easily make my own of something rather than using store bought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.