Lemon Blueberry Doughnuts



I love my doughnut pan, a lot. This recipe comes from the Country Cleaver
Ingredients

Doughnuts:
-2 cups flour
, with four tablespoons removed 
-3/4 cup Sugar

-2 tsp. Baking Powder

-3/4 tsp. Salt

-1/2 cup Greek Yogurt 
-3/4 cup Milk
-½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
-2 eggs, lightly beaten

-2 Tbsp. Butter, melted

Blueberry Jam:
-1 cup Blueberries
-1/2 cup Sugar
-1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Glaze:
-1 cup Powdered Sugar
-4 Tbsp. Milk
-1 tsp Lemon Zest

Several notes: the original recipe called for cake flour, I only had all-purpose. For every cup of flour, you'll remove a tablespoon of flour, that will give you the appropriate amount. Also, it's not quite blueberry season so I used some frozen blueberries, fresh is always better, but frozen was fine.
Add all of the ingredients for the blueberry jam.
Mash most of the blueberries. 
Heat and stir until the mixture boils.
Remove from the heat and allow to thicken. 

Meanwhile mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in the other. Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.

Put the batter into a ziploc bag, and pipe into the greased doughnut pan.

Spoon a few tablespoons of blueberry jam into each doughnut.
Swirl the batter so that the blueberry jam is equally distributed. 

Bake for 9 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center  comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.
While the doughnuts cool, mix together the glaze.
Dip the doughnuts in the glaze.
Serve with some coffee! 

These were good! I don't know if they were my favorite doughnuts yet, but they were still good. I think it would have been better if I had used more blueberries. Overall, it was a good doughnut recipe, you should check it out!

If you're jealous of all of these baked doughnut recipes, I got my doughnut pan from Amazon on Black Friday, so I had free shipping, but overall it's not too expensive.

Comments

Popular Posts