Tomato Cucumber Salad


My mom called this recipe Angie's salad, because it was something that my grandma always made when there were fresh vegetables. My grandma never measured anything when she cooked, she always just knew how much looked right and it turned out great every time. My mom and I used what looked good, and I tried to keep track of how much of each ingredient we used. 

Ingredients:
-1/2 cucumber
-2 tomatoes
-1 Tbsp. fresh basil (or more to taste if you like)
-2 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper.

Peel the cucumber and slice it thin.
Cut the tomato into big chunks, and make sure you get all
the juice from the tomatoes in the salad.
Add the balsamic and olive oil.
Chop the basil into pretty big slices.
Mix it all together.
Spoon some on top of some of some Italian bread.
You can eat this on a piece of bread, or just eat it with a fork if you want. The juice from the tomato mixes with the olive oil and balsamic to make a kind of sauce that is really good to dip bread it as well. This was a really good summer appetizer since it used fresh vegetables and basil.

Comments

Popular Posts