Grilled Breakfast Pizza


This was a pretty cool recipe because it was something different I would not normally have thought of. Admittedly, this was the second try of this recipe, our first try turned into Grilled Nacho Pizza. We tried in that one to crack eggs right on top of the pizza, but they wouldn't cook. Scrambling the eggs before adding them worked well this time. I thought this pizza tasted a lot like an egg and cheese bagel sandwich, which was really good.

Ingredients:
-refrigerated pizza dough
-5 eggs
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-2 oz feta cheese
-olive oil


Scramble the eggs before you start.

Rub some olive oil onto the bottom of the pizza crust
before putting it on the grill so it doesn't stick.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side before flipping.
I was nervous about using the raw pizza dough because I wasn't sure it would cook the whole way through and I thought it might fall through the grates of the grill, but this actually worked great, it got to be the perfect amount of crispiness. I put the grill on low heat though so the bottom wouldn't get burnt.

Top with the scrambled eggs.
Top with shredded cheese.
I added a little bit of crumbled feta.
Cook for another 6-7 minutes. I cut into a piece of mine
to check to see if the inside was cooked, I needed to put
in back on the grill once for about 2 minutes to get the inside
cooked, but eventually cooked pretty evenly.


I like this a lot because the ingredients are flexible, you can add other ingredients that you like or whatever you have on hand in your kitchen. I added feta on only half of the pizza because I like but my brother doesn't, so it was really easy to customize for each person even.

Comments

Popular Posts