Strawberry Squares with Pretzel Crust



My mom actually saw this recipe and asked me to make it, and I thought it looked really good too. It is nice because you can make it the day before and keep it in the freezer, and it is easy to transport. The fresh strawberries in this was also an extra bonus.

This recipe comes from Kraft.

Ingredients:
-1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels (I needed to use a little more than the original recipe called for to cover the bottom of the pan)
-1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
-1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
-1 cup pureed strawberries
-1/2 cup lime juice
-1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
-1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

Mix together the butter and crushed pretzel in a 9x13 pan.
I added a few more pretzels because it wasn't covering
the bottom.
Store in the refrigerator until the filling is ready. 
Puree the strawberries. I added some of the
lime juice with the strawberries in the blender.
Mix the strawberry puree, condensed milk, and lime juice.
Fold in the cool whip.
Spread over the pretzels.
Freeze for 6 hours before serving.
I decorated it with some pretzels on top.
Cut up some fresh strawberries to decorate the top.



This was that perfect combination of sweet and salty, the pretzel crust was the perfect amount, and it wasn't too heavy. The only thing I should have done differently though was to add the fresh cut strawberries right before serving rather than putting them in the freezer, they were too frozen to eat.

Comments

Popular Posts