Vegan Crockpot Chili


This recipe comes from Undressed Skeleton. If you haven't read her blog before, go check it out. She exercises regularly  and eats healthy and through doing that has lost so much weight! According to her calculations a half cup serving of this recipe is 62 calories.  I cut the recipe in half because I was concerned about having too much chili so the list below is the one I cut in half.

Ingredients: 
-1 Onion
-5 Garlic Cloves
-1 Bell Peppers
-1 Large Zucchini
-1 Cups Tomato Soup
-1 Cans Fiesta Corn
-1 Can’s Zesty Diced Tomatoes
-1 Jalapeno Peppers
-1 Can Kidney Beans
-1 Can Black Beans
-2 Cups Tomato Sauce
-1/1 Cup Tomato Paste
-1/8 Cup Olive Oil
-1/2 Bag Meatless Crumbles
-1/8 Cup Chili Powder
-1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
-1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
-1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

Dice all of the vegetables and put into the crockpot. 
                                   
In a blender combine the seasonings, garlic, tomato soup, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
Put all of the cans of ingredients into the crockpot as well as the tomato/seasoning mixture. 

Heat on high for 5-6 hours.
In the last hour add in the meatless crumbles. 

This was the first time I had ever used the crockpot and I was really impressed -- this allowed me to have dinner waiting at home while I was at work all day. I loved coming home an already prepared meal after a long day rather than waiting for dinner to be ready. If I make this again I will reduce the recipe further, this made so much chili and I really don't have that many people to feed, this would be good for a large family though.

This was also my first time using the meatless crumbles...it was weird to eat since I haven't had anything like that in the entire time that I've been a vegetarian, it was interesting, I still have half a bag so I'll be using them again. I want to make a few recipes before I make a decision about if I like them.

Comments

Popular Posts