Cantaloupe Smoothie



It's almost the end of summer (if you live in Ohio like me, summer feels like it never started!) and I was trying to find a good use for some melon that I had in my fridge.

This recipe is from Aggie's Kitchen.

Ingredients:
-1 clementine or small orange, cut into segments or chunks
-1/4 cantaloupe, cut into chunks
-1/2 frozen banana
-6 ice cubes

Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender. Add a little orange juice if needed.

I did not love this recipe, the orange made the smoothie almost undrinkable because any leftover pith from the orange peel became stringy inside the smoothie. I was really disappointed because the flavor was good, just not the texture. If I make this again I will use orange juice rather than an orange to avoid an unpleasant texture.

Comments

  1. Hi Alecia, just popped over to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: French Food was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series on Carole's Chatter today. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts