Grilled Swiss-and-Zucchini Sandwiches with Smoky Pesto

-1 packed cup basil leaves
-1 large garlic clove, coarsely chopped
-1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
-Salt
-One 8-ounce zucchini, cut into 4 lengthwise slices
-4 English muffins, preferably Bays, split
-4 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 8 thin slices

Mix together the basil, garlic, paprika, olive oil and salt in a food processor to make a pesto.
Coat the slices of zucchini in olive oil and grill until marks form.
Toast the English muffins and then add cheese on one side.

Layer the zucchini onto the English muffin half with the cheese slice.
Add the pesto to the other half.

Add another slice of Top the sandwiches and grill for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.

Slice in half and serve.

This recipe was okay. I thought that it tasted good and I'm always looking for new ways to use zucchini during the summer. The paprika pesto wasn't as smoky as I thought it would be. One good thing about this recipe was how easy it was to make. I may make this again because these were all ingredients that I already had in my house.

Comments

Popular Posts