Ranch Pasta Salad


This recipe comes from SheKnows.

I pinned this recipe because like many people I'm used to seeing pasta salad recipes with an oil based dressing such as Italian and I thought it would be really interesting to serve one with a ranch based dressing.

Ingredients:
-1-1/2 cups cooked pasta
-1/2 cup red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
-1 cucumber, sliced
-1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
-1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped

Cook the pasta according to package directions. I made two cups of pasta by cooking one cup of dried pasta. According to most blogs I've found, for the yield of pasta you want make.

I made this the day before I planned on serving it, in order to keep the pasta salad fresh:

Just mix the pasta and grape tomatoes in a bowl with about a tablespoon or less of olive oil, enough to coat the pasta.

When you're ready to serve, add in the red onion, green pepper and ranch dressing.
Stir all of the ingredients to coat them in the dressing. 
This recipe was okay, I served it at a party and everyone at it, but overall I wasn't too impressed. J. suggested serving the pasta salad warm rather than cold, he said that changing the heat would have made this recipe better for him. Overall, I might make this again if I'm looking for something simple to make, otherwise I might seek out a new recipe.

Comments

  1. Hi Alecia, just popped over to let you know that your link to Food on Friday: Mustartd was featured in my Need Some Inspiration? Series today. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts