Omelette in a Bag


I thought this was a really great idea! I was a bit skeptical at first, but boiling an omelette in ziploc bag actually worked really well. It was great because we could customize this so everyone had their own personalized omelette, but we didn't need to spend all  morning making separate omelettes, this was actually really quick. Thanks to Kayla for taking these pictures!

This recipe is from All Recipes.

There aren't really set ingredients for this, you can use things you already have in your kitchen, or use any regular omelette type ingredients.

We used onions, tomatoes, peppers, shredded cheese, and ham
for the non-vegetarians.
We cracked 2 eggs in each bag, and added
our ingredients. We used thicker plastic bags, I
think that helped keep everything together, and
I didn't feel like they would melt in the boiling water.
Boil for 13-15 minutes. We did ours on
the longer side because we used a hot plate
and the water didn't get quite to a rolling boil.

These came out with a perfect omelette shape. This was great since we were making breakfast for 6 people who all wanted different things. It was easy to make in a small kitchen too, and didn't have a lot of clean up. I think this was so easy and came out so well that I think I might even make it this way in my kitchen at home.

Comments

Popular Posts