Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese



After searching for a good crock pot macaroni and cheese recipe, I was a little disappointed. Most recipes contained horrible reviews of the final product. This was the first recipe I found that had really good reviews so I decided to give it a try.

Photos by Kayla.

Recipe from Taste of Home.

Ingredients
-2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions.
-1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
-1 cup 2% milk
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/4 cup butter, cubed
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/4 teaspoon white pepper
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
-1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese


Mix all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for one to two hours or until cheese is melted.

Serve.

This recipe was just okay. Everyone ate it and we barely had any leftovers, but I really didn't love it. For all of the cheese that was in this, the flavor was just okay, it was kind of bland. It didn't do any of the awful things that other recipes contained reviews about (curdle or turn out greasy), but I don't think I would make this again.

Comments

Popular Posts