Crock Pot Baked Apples



I made this recipe because I still have an abundance of apples. I just made one baked apple, the original recipe called for six baked apples, but I just made one for myself. I tried to adjust the proportions accordingly.

This recipe comes from Skinny Chef.

Ingredients: 
-1/8 cup brown sugar
-1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
-1 tablespoon trans-fat free margarine or butter
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
-1/4 cup apple juice or apple cider

Core the apple, leaving a little bit at the bottom. Fill with the stuffing. Pour orange juice into the bottom of the crockpot. Bake for 2-3 hours on high.





This tasted really good, but my apple did not stay together at all. I wasn't really paying attention to it, next time I'll try to keep an eye on the crock pot. 

Comments

Popular Posts