Roasted Broccoli with Tahini Sauce


A few weeks ago I made these Cashew Rangoons, which I thought turned out to be really good. They used tahini, so I bought some but had never used it in anything else before. I had the whole jar, so I searched for something else to use it in, and found this broccoli recipe, I thought it looked different so I wanted to try it.

This recipe is from Lisa's Kitchen Food and Spice.

Ingredients:
-head of broccoli
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
-1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup tahini
-1 tablespoon rice vinegar
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-2 teaspoons honey
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
-dash of ginger

Preheat the oven to 425. Toss broccoli in the sesame oil, bake for 20 minutes. Mix the rest of the ingredients for the sauce. When the broccoli is cooled, top with the sauce.

The original recipe called for miso, but I couldn't find it at the grocery store, so I just left it out. I think that would have made this sauce thicker, and that might have made it better. I thought the taste was a little boring, but not bad, this could make a good side dish.

Comments

Popular Posts