Scrambled Eggs Roll-ups with White Gravy


J. and I are getting back to our Sunday breakfast routine and I'm continuously looking for new recipes to try. I saw something similar on Pinterest and decided to try this with the leftover wonton wrappers that I had. I cannot say enough about how great wonton wrappes are, just pop them in the freezer after you open the package and they will keep for months. This was the last of my pack and I got four-five recipes out of them.

Serve with: Cheesy Roasted Garlic Grits.

White Gravy Recipe from Ammi at Food.com.

Ingredients:
Roll-ups
-Three eggs, scrambled
-Cheddar cheese, a handful
-15-20 wonton wrappers

Gravy (will make 1 cup of gravy) 
-1 cup milk
-1 1/2 tablespoons flour
-1 tablespoon butter
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Make your scrambled eggs incorporating the cheese into them as they cook. Spoon a tablespoon of scrambled eggs into each wonton wrapper. Roll-up, sealing the fold with water. Fry in a skillet of hot oil until golden brown. Meanwhile make the gravy, combine all of the ingredients into a small pot and whisk until thick. Serve together.






I really enjoyed the vegetarian white gravy recipe, it was a perfect complement to the scrambled egg roll-ups. The gravy was a nice thick texture and the seasoning was spot on. These scrambled egg roll-ups would be fun for kids because they are hand-held. Three of us split these along with a side of Cheesy Garlic Grits and it was a filling breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts