Slideshow


Monday, November 18, 2013

Shiitake “Bacon”


This is called bacon, because once it is cooked, it is crispy and salty, the same texture as bacon. I would use this to crumble on top of fries or chips, so it is a good vegetarian substitute for bacon, and is easy to do since there are only 3 ingredients.

This recipe is from Diane Abroad.

Ingredients:
-1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms
-1/2 cup olive oil
-1 Tbsp soy sauce

Cut the stems off of the mushrooms.
Cut the mushrooms into small strips.
Toss in the olive oil and soy.  
Bake for 25 minutes.

I think I used a little too much soy sauce, the taste was a little strong, but still good. The thinner you can make these the better, the thinner ones were crispier and had a better texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.