Cranberry Bars


I wanted to make a quick dessert, this worked well. This recipe was cut in half of the original, I put mine in an 8x8 pan, the original was in a 13x9 pan. I thought eating a small piece was fine as a light dessert. If you are feeding a lot of people though it would be easy to do this as a larger size.

This recipe comes from Brittany's Pantry.

Ingredients:
Filling:
6 oz frozen cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 c of OJ
1/2 tsp vanilla

Crust:
3/4 stick butter (6 Tbsp)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c quick cooking oats


Heat the sugar, cranberries and orange juice on medium until it thickens.
Smash down the cranberries with the back of a spoon.
Turn off the heat and add the vanilla.
Mix the crust ingredients.
Put 2/3's in the bottom of the pan.
Pour the cranberries on top.
Sprinkle the rest of it on top.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.

Before I put this in the oven I didn't think the crust would really even cover the bottom of the pan, and there wasn't really a lot on top. I thought I would have to eat this with a spoon, but after it baked it made crispy enough that I could cut it into bars with no problem.

Comments

Popular Posts