Gingersnap-Lemon Trifles



This comes from Vegetarian Times December 2013 p.65

Ingredients:

-⅔ cup lemon juice
-1 14-oz. can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
-1 cup heavy cream
-1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
-56 thin ginger cookies or ginger thins (about half 9-oz. pkg.)

Whisk together the lemon juice and condensed milk in a bowl. Then make the whip cream, by beating the cream with an electric mixer, 
in separate bowl, until soft peaks form. Carefully fold the yogurt mixture into the whipped cream. 
Fold cream mixture into lemon juice mixture. Chill until firm.

Layer the mixture into parfait glasses or martini glasses, add lemon zest for some color if desired. Stack gingersnaps on top. Layer on more yogurt mixture. Continue until you've reached the top.
Add an additional gingersnap and more lemon zest. Refrigerate for four hours or more.



This got mixed reviews. I really enjoyed it, my cookies softened and I didn't find the flavor overwhelming. My mom and J. weren't sure if they liked it -- the cookies in my mom's parfait did not soften and J. said the lemon flavor was overwhelming. If I made this again I would use lemon Greek yogurt and leave out the lemon juice for a milder flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts