Pasta e Ceci


One of my favorite soups is pasta fagoli, and this was like a vegetarian version of the soup in a pasta form. It had the chick peas and tomatoes, and ditalini, my favorite. It was a little liquid-y, but not quite a soup. This was super quick to make, so it was really easy to make right after work for a filling dinner without a lot of effort.

This recipe comes from Vegetarian Times.

Ingredients:
-1 Tbs. olive oil
-1 medium onion
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 cups diced tomatoes
-1 15-oz. can chickpeas drained
-4 cups vegetable broth
-1/2 cup ditalini
-pepper
-Parmesan cheese
-parsley


Heat oil. Cook onions for 5 minutes, until softened.
Add garlic and roast for 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes.
Add chickpeas, and mash them a bit.
Add the broth.
Add the ditalini right into the pot.
Cook on the lower end of the package direction time.
Serve with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper.

I really liked this, I think cooking the pasta right in the vegetable broth was key, it gave it a lot of flavor. It was also a bonus that I didn't have to use a separate pan to make the pasta.

Comments

  1. (Video) How To Cook The Perfect Pasta - Gordon Ramsay
    http://www.any.gs/a0LS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts