Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Peppers


When I found the original recipe from Primally Inspired, it was made with chicken to make it vegetarian I substituted rice for the chicken, I usually make stuffed peppers with rice. Sometimes I'll add in sunflower seeds or some chopped up broccoli to make it a little more of a meal. We already had some side dishes planned with this recipe so I just used the rice filling.

Recipe inspired by Primally Inspired.

Ingredients: 
-2 1/2 cups of white rice, cooked
-1 ranch seasoning packet
-sea salt and pepper, to taste
-2 orange bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
-½ cup buffalo sauce
-2 tablespoons of butter, melted

In a large bowl mix together the rice, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce and melted butter.


Fill the bell peppers with the buffalo rice. 

Bake for 35 minutes or until the peppers are cooked.

I really enjoyed this recipe, but it was incredibly filling! J. thought that it was a little too spicy, if you want to make it less spicy incorporate more melted butter into the filling. If you really like recipes to be spicy, you can use less butter. The ranch flavor was discernible, even through the heat of the buffalo sauce. Overall I really liked this recipe and will be making it again.

Comments

Popular Posts