Fontina Risotto


I had some extra fontina cheese leftover, so this risotto seemed like the perfect way to get to use it. This would be great as a side dish, but I like risotto so much that I usually just eat it as my main course.

This recipe is from Gourmet Traveller.

Ingredients:
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tbsp
-3/4 cup rice
-1/2 cup white wine
-2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
-1/3 cup shredded fontina cheese
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-parsley for garnish

Heat the oil and butter in a pan. Add the rice and cook
for a minute or two.
Add the wine and cook until it is absorbed, 3 or 4 minutes.
Heat the vegetable broth in a separate pot.
Add it a ladle-ful at a time until it is absorbed.
When all the liquid is absorbed, mix in the cheese, and cook
 for another minute until the cheese is melted and incorporated.

This was really good, the fontina went well with the rice, it was really creamy. It was easy to make this, if it isn't cooked enough, just add more broth and cook for a little longer. The only thing I would have done differently would be to use a smaller pan, because I didn't have enough rice to fill the pan, but the liquid spread out.

Comments

Popular Posts