Potato Chip Omelet



This recipe reminded me of the Tortilla Española that we had previously made. This one incorporated potato chips for a little added crunch. The original recipe used the oven to cook the omelet, I don't have any oven-proof skillets so I did mine on the stove top.

Adapted Richard Blais at Food Republic.

Ingredients: 
-6 large eggs
-2 tablespoons milk
-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
-1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
-1 tablespoon chopped green onions
-3 cups plain kettle-cooked potato chips
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Mix together the eggs, milk, parsley and green onions in a large bowl. Add the potato chips, gently coat in the egg mixture and allow to soak for 10 minutes.

In an 8 inch skillet melt the butter.
Pour in the egg/potato chip mixture and cook until the bottom and sides are set.
Using a cutting board flip omelet out of the pan, the uncooked side will be on the board.
Slide the uncooked portion of the omelet back into the skillet.
Let cook for a few minutes until firm.
Check out this blog for photos of the flipping.

Serve in slices. 
I thought this tasted good, it was very similar to the Tortilla Española, I thought the potato chips would make this crunchy, but they really didn't. The potato chips did add salt to the dish, so you probably won't need to add any extra. If I make this again I will serve it with some crushed up potato chips on top to add that extra crunch that I was hoping for.

Comments

Popular Posts