Red Wine & Garlic Mushrooms



I had a little bit of red wine leftover from the Red Wine Stew recipe I crafted in the slow cooker. I'm not a big wine drinker and when I do I drink Moscato (which some wine drinkers don't like because it's so sweet). I knew I wasn't going to drink the wine so I searched for a recipe the would use up that little bit of wine. This was also a chance to use my brand new tasting spoons. 

From Drag it Through the Garden.

Ingredients: 
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-2-3 cloves garlic, minced
-¼ cup red wine
-8 oz. mushrooms

Heat the butter in a skillet.
Add in the garlic and saute for a few minutes. 
Add in the red wine and bring to a simmer. 

Add in the mushrooms and coat with the sauce. 

Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. 

Spoon the sauce over the mushrooms again, season with salt and pepper and cook five additional minutes uncovered.
  
Serve.
The garlic flavor on these was really mild, the strongest flavor was the red wine flavor. Overall, I thought these were good, there were no leftovers. The original recipe called for 16 ounces of mushrooms, but I cut this in half, if you were serving more people then use 16 ounces. You could use this as a topping for steaks or slice it for burgers.

Comments

Popular Posts