Sweet Potato Sushi


I had this type of sushi at a restaurant once, so I wanted to try it myself. It tasted pretty good and wasn't too hard. I cooked the sweet potato in a pan for a few minutes, so it was a little crunchy, and I think that made it as good as it was.

This was my second attempt at sushi, my first was Zucchini rolls.

Ingredients:
I made 2 rolls (about 10 pieces) but you could double it to use the whole avocado and sweet potato
-1/2 avocado
-1/2 cup rice
-1/2 sweet potato
-nori

Score and take out the avocado in small pieces.
Scoop out the sweet potato into about the same size pieces.
Fry them with a little bit of olive oil, about a minute on each side.

Spread the rice, and put the avocado and sweet potato on the end.
Roll it tight in a sushi mat.
Cut into pieces.

I thought these were really good, and I like them dipped in soy sauce. I had  a little trouble at first cutting them into slices without all of the filling getting pushed out. I actually used a serrated knife, and that worked well.

Comments

Popular Posts