Chocolate Kahlua Cake


I like to make fancy desserts from scratch, but sometimes it is easier and comes out just as well to cheat a little bit. I used cake mix as the base in this cake, and this cake turned out fantastic, everyone that had it really liked it. I liked it because it was a little more moist than regular cake mix.

This recipe comes form The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn.

Ingredients:
-Flour baking spray (I also used a non stick pan)
-1 package devil's food cake mix
-1 package chocolate pudding
-3/4 cup Kalua
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-4 eggs
Glaze
-1 cup powdered sugar
-1/4 cup Kahlua

Spray the pan, or spray it with baking spray and add flour.
Mix all the ingredients.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350. Let cool for 20 minutes in the pan.
Flip the cake out of the pan, and drizzle with the glaze while
it is still warm.


I think the glaze was really good, it was sugary and gave this cake something extra. This cake really smelled like Kahlua, it made the kitchen smell good while I was making it.

Comments

Popular Posts