BLT Grilled Cheese


BLT is a classic sandwich and normally it's best not to mess with the classics. However, everything is better as a grilled cheese sandwich. This sandwich has cheddar cheese for a nice balance of flavors, but you can use any kind that you would like -- a nice smoky gouda or gruyere would be good on this sandwich. I always eat my BLT's with mayo, but you can use any type of sauce or leave it off.

A Vegetarian & Cooking! original

Ingredients:
-Bread
-Vegan Bacon
-Cheddar Cheese
-Lettuce
-Mayo
-Butter
First, cook your vegan bacon, make sure it's not overdone.
Build your sandwich -- cheddar, vegan bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheddar, mayo.
Spread butter on the outside and cook in a skillet until golden brown. 



Try to sandwich the tomato between the layers of cheese or the bottom layer of bread may get a little soggy. This grilled cheese has all of the classic flavors of a BLT, with an extra flair. I enjoyed this with cheddar, but I think a smokier cheese would have been better paired with the bacon. Maybe even a creamy and mild cheese like brie. I would make my BLT's like this again. 

Comments

Popular Posts