Slow Cooker Squash Apple Soup


Dave and I went out on our monthly date last night to a great restaurant. I Instagramed a lot of the photos from our dinner follow me at a_n_b77 or check them out at http://instagram.com/a_n_b77/. I got some blog inspiration from our dinner last night, so maybe some of those recipes will be turned into something great in my kitchen.

Dave wanted me to blog a butternut squash recipe after he had some butternut squash ravioli at a restaurant we went to for date night. I thought this would be perfect because it is cooked in the slow cooker and also because it doesn't require a blender. Dave doesn't have a blender...which leads to some interesting culinary decisions. Almost every butternut squash soup recipe I found was pureed.

Recipe from Kath Eats.

Ingredients:
-3 big apples
-1 medium butternut squash
-Half bunch of asparagus, cut into small pieces 
-6 cups veggie broth
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp cayenne
-1 clove garlic, crushed
-1 tsp dried rosemary
-1 tsp dried thyme
-1.5 cups frozen green beans
Put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cook on low for eight hours.

I personally only like butternut squash every once in a while, so I was not a fan of this recipe. It's not that there was anything wrong with it, the seasoning just didn't do anything for me. Dave enjoyed this recipe. In the end he wished that it had been a pureed soup (that will be a fall experiment, I will use my blender and share the soup with him!). However, although it was not pureed, he enjoyed this soup enough to eat all of the leftovers.

Comments

Popular Posts