Goat Cheese, Mango and Orange Guacamole




A few weeks ago I needed to buy orange marmalade for a recipe and some how I only used a tiny bit of the orange marmalade. I also had avocado and goat cheese on hand. It seems like lately whenever I don't know what to do with leftover ingredients I see if I can mix them into guacamole. Something about guacamole just ties most ingredients together -- these were no exception.

A Vegetarian & Cooking! original.
Ingredients:
-1 ripe avocado
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-30 g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
-2 tbsp fresh green onion, chopped
-1/2 a mango, diced
-3 tablespoons orange marmalade
-Tortilla chips, for serving

Lightly mash the avocado, lemon juice, green onion, goat cheese and mango. You can reserve a little goat cheese and mango for the top if you'd like. Make a crater in the center and add the orange marmalade.





Dave and I really enjoyed this recipe -- the sweetness of the avocado juxtaposed nicely with the tart-sweetness of the orange marmalade. The smooth flavor of the goat cheese helped to round everything out with the salt of the tortilla chips. Dave and I happily enjoyed this as a light dinner, this is a recipe that I would make again.

Comments

Popular Posts