Veggie Skillet Lasagna

BACKGROUND

Alecia was tired, after a long day of work, so I made this lasagna all by myself. Look:



The lasagna recipe was based on this post by Kitchen Treaty. The author of that post was very excited by the idea of lasagna in a skillet, which is fine. However! She said you only need one pan, but you were supposed to remove the sauce from the skillet, and put it somewhere, in order to make layers, so you have to find something to put it in. Instead, I decided to just dirty multiple pans, maybe defeating the purpose of using a skillet instead of glassware? I don't know. I had fun and it worked pretty well. Read on:

INGREDIENTS

1/3 lb Kale
1/2 Onion
2-3 Garlic cloves
1/2 c Zucchini
1/2 c Mushrooms
1 jar Tomato sauce
7-8 Lasagna noodles
7 oz Ricotta cheese
8 oz Mozzarella cheese
1 handful Parmesan cheese
Ingredient list makes nice slope

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. This was supposed to be spinach. Saute it anyway. Cook onion, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Sprinkle in salt and red and black pepper. I added a splash of balsamic vinegar, to flavor and evaporate.





ASSEMBLY
Add oil, then thin layer of tomato sauce. Noodles. Ricotta. Veggies and sauce. Mozzarella. I forgot it at first and had to take off some noodles. Noodles again. Ricotta. Veggies and sauce. Mozzarella. Except that I ran out of lasagna. Spaghetti fills the gaps nicely. Ricotta. Veggies and sauce. Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The last layer.













BAKE FOR 40 MINUTES and let sit for a few minutes before serving.




This came out alright. It was filling and delicious, as lasagna should be, but the skillet part I think I failed to "get." It cleaned up fine, except that I wasn't the one to clean it . . .(Note from Alecia: I find that the best way to clean cheese out of the cast iron skillet is with a salt scrub. Add a little bit of water to the skillet and a large amount of salt to form a paste, then scrub, scrub, scrub.)

Comments

Popular Posts