Avocado Egg Salad Wraps


There are a lot of big changes coming to Vegetarian & Cooking! You're going to start noticing a change of scenery in my photos. I moved a little less than a month ago and we've been adjusting nicely to the transition. What does that mean for Vegetarian & Cooking! as I prepare to start my final year of graduate school in a new apartment?

1.) I'm feeding fewer people! I am no longer feeding my family, there's just two of us. Dave is still in charge of eating everything, as my best friend and boyfriend, I wouldn't let my recipe tester be anyone else.
2.) I plan on making more blogs that show how I'm using my leftovers. I will link both posts to each other so that you can see the transition from one meal to another.
3.) Rather than focusing on one dish, I want to let you know what posts I have served with other recipes. It is important to have a good balance and I think that by serving more meals with side dishes it will help me to have a good balance in my kitchen as well.

I look forward to seeing where all of these big changes take me and my posts.

Recipe from Jo Cooks.

Ingredients:
-2 tortillas
-1 avocado
-4 eggs, boiled
-1 tbsp mayonnaise
-2 tbsp lime juice
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 small tomatoes
-lettuce

Mix together the avocado, hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, lime juice plus salt and pepper in a medium bowl. You want all of the ingredients to be mixed together, but there should be large pieces of the egg and avocado.

Layer lettuce, tomato slices and egg salad onto a wrap. Roll up and enjoy.


Dave and I enjoyed these wraps as a light lunch. The avocado gave the egg salad a more creamy texture than typical egg salad. It also helped to give the dish more flavors. I liked the addition of the lime juice. Overall, I was happy with this dish and it was a nice lunch.

Comments

Popular Posts