Buffalo Cauliflower Pasta Salad



Before I was a vegetarian I didn't eat too much buffalo chicken. I remember in high school I used to love buffalo chicken pizza at sleepovers with my friends, but otherwise I don't remember eating it. What I liked most about those late night slices of buffalo chicken pizza was the heat of the buffalo sauce chased by the coolness of ranch or blue cheese.

This pasta salad takes bits of cauliflower for something a little heavier to stand in as chicken. The pasta salad can be served hot or cold.

A Vegetarian & Cooking! original.

Ingredients:
-1 box pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
-1/2 head of cauliflower, boiled until tender
-5 celery stalks, sliced
-3 green onions sliced
-1 cup ranch dressing
-1/2 cup buffalo sauce
-Fresh ground pepper, to taste


Mix together the buffalo and sauce. In a large pot mix together the pasta, cauliflower and celery. And the green onion, seasoning and coat with the buffalo/ranch sauce.






Dave and I both enjoyed this, but I wish that we had cut the recipe in half. This made a ridiculous amount of pasta salad and there's only two of us. I think that we were eating the pasta salad with every meal. The buffalo sauce was spicy, but the ranch dressing helped to cut through that and make the spice palatable. Overall, this is something I would happily bring to a cook out.

Comments

Popular Posts