Grilled Parmesan Polenta Chips


I broke a cardinal rule of cooking with this recipe. I over-salted. I know, I know, it's horrible. I have limited access to a grill so it wasn't feasible for me to remake these. We just went with what we had. These were so easy to make and what we could taste of them underneath their salt was good. Make sure to remember that the parmesan cheese is pretty salty on its own, added salt may not be necessary. 


Recipe from Half Baked Harvest.

Ingredients:
-2 (8 ounce) tubes polenta, removed from plastic, cut into 1/4-1/2-inch slices
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated 
-salt + pepper, for sprinkling
-gorgonzola or blue cheese, for serving (optional)

Brush the sliced polenta with olive oil and coat in parmesan and seasoning. Grill for 5 minutes on each side.




I really, really liked the idea of this recipe and I wish that I hadn't over-seasoned this. We ate all of the chips, and they weren't as crispy as we would have hoped, but overall I think this would be a good side dish for any grilled meal because it's easy to put together. 

Comments

Popular Posts