Paprika Parsnip Fries


I'm always looking for great vegetable side dishes, because I think that great vegetable side dish will help tie any meal together. These fries take the place of potato based fries and add great color to any dish. Check back tomorrow for the start of Sandwich Wednesday and to see what I served this recipe with.

Recipe adapted from A House in the Hills.

Ingredients
-3 jumbo parsnips, peeled and ends cut off
-2 tablespoons oliv oil
-1 tablespoon paprika
-2 hefty pinches of sea salt
-Parsley 
-Greek yogurt
-2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Clean and peel the parsnips and slice into fries. 

Mix the parsnips, olive oil and paprika. Roast for 25 minutes, toss parsnips and turn up oven to 500 degrees. Cook five more minutes.

Before serving mix together the Greek yogurt and lemon juice, drizzle over the fries. Add parsley if desired.



Dave and I both really enjoyed this side dish. The parsnip fries had great flavor, the lemon-yogurt sauce helped to cut through some of the "kick" from the paprika. Some of the fries got very crispy and others stayed soft. Overall I was very happy with how this turned out, we had no leftovers!

Comments

  1. Hi Alecia,

    These look fantastic! Especially with the lemon-yogurt sauce. I love all the crispy little bits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts