Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash



My parent's garden is teeming with spaghetti squash so I've been working to find interesting recipes to use it. A lot of spaghetti squash recipes are Italian based which is great, but with so much spaghetti squash I need a bit of variety.

Adapted from Whatever Pieces

Ingredients:
-1 2-pound spaghetti squash, strands removed 
-3 tbsp canola or peanut oil
-2 eggs, lightly beaten
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-2 scallions or green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
-2 tbsp soy sauce 
-2 tsp ketchup 
-2 tsp sugar
-1 tbsp peanut butter 
-1 lime, cut into wedges

First make the sauce by combining the soy sauce, ketchup, sugar and peanut butter. I also added a squeeze of lime juice.

In a skillet heat the oil and add the eggs. Cook omelet style -- do not stir them, let the eggs cook in the shape of the skillet. Once cooked all the way through, transfer to a cutting board and slice into bite sized pieces.

In the same skillet saute the green onions and garlic for one minute.

In a large bowl combine the spaghetti squash, egg, green onion and garlic. Stir in the sauce until the ingredients are coated. 
  
I really liked this recipe, I thought the pad thai flavors were spot on, if I hadn't known I was eating spaghetti squash, I would have thought it was just noodles. The pieces of egg were good and the sauce was just like our favorite thai take-out place. I will be making this again.

Comments

Popular Posts