Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Cranberry


Tomorrow the Thanksgiving series starts, check back for five wonderful recipes from tomorrow until Thanksgiving. Here's a sneak peak.



I had never tried acorn squash before this fall, it's a wonderful fall ingredient. Plus Dave and I get a nice amount of food from just one squash, if you're serving two people there are sure to be leftovers. I served this as a side dish to the Beet Reubens I made two weeks ago.

Recipe from Let the Baking Begin.

Ingredients
-1 acorn squash, cut in half
-½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
-½ cup cranberries, frozen or fresh
-4 tablespoons brown sugar
-2 tablespoons butter

Combine walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar. Cut each acorn squash in half -- remove and discard seeds. Split the walnut, cranberry, brown sugar mixture between two halves of the squash. Top with 1 tablespoon butter each half.

Place in a baking dish, loosely cover with foil and bake in a for 1 hour 30 minutes at 375




Dave and I both enjoyed this recipe. It's best if you get a bite of everything on your fork. The filling was sweet, but not too sweet, and paired nicely with the squash. Dave likes squash a little more than I do so he took care of all the leftovers. As I mentioned above, this is a squash that you can get quite a bit of leftovers out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts