Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples


Here's another savory recipe in our quest to use all of our apples from apple picking. I never used to like brussels sprouts, but since Dave introduced me to the best way to cook them, I've become a brussels sprout lover.

Apples Used: 8/40

Recipes from Oh My Veggies.

Ingredients:
-1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
-1 apple, cored and sliced 
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-salt + pepper to taste
-1/4 c. dried cranberries
-1/4 c. chopped walnuts
-1 tbsp. maple syrup

Toss the brussels sprouts and apple slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Make sure to stir halfway through cooking time. 

Transfer brussels sprouts and apple to large bowl. Stir in cranberries, walnuts, and maple syrup.

Dave and I enjoyed this recipe, the craisins added a nice tart element, the apples were sweet and the brussels added a savory element. 

Comments

Popular Posts