Baked Pizza CousCous


I've had this recipe pinned for a while. I have been following Taralynn's blog since I started blogging four years ago and occasionally pin some of her recipes. Dave and I prepared this one night after school in an attempt to curb a pizza craving.

Recipe from Simply Taralynn.

Ingredients:
-1 box couscous
-1 2/3 cups of boiling water
-4 tablespoons of garlic olive oil
-2 medium zucchinis, cut into bite sized pieces
-1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-3 cups pizza sauce
-1 tablespoon of butter

Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pot. Lightly brown the couscous. Once the couscous is lightly browned, add the 1 2/3 cup of boiling water to the pan and simmer the couscous for twelve minutes.

In another skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and cook the zucchini pieces.

Once the couscous is finished cooking add the butter it and stir until melted. Add in the zucchini and pizza sauce. Stir to combine.

Pour into a 9x13 pan and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. 






I really liked this recipe. The couscous absorbed all of the wonderful flavors of the sauce and helped to convince me that I was eating "pizza." The zucchini added a nice fresh element to the dish and the cheese on top helped to curb my pizza craving. This is a recipe that we will be preparing regularly. 

Comments

Popular Posts