Pepper & Squash Parmesan


I made this recipe in an effort to use some of the vegetables which were in our freezer. I had an excess of pepper slices frozen from a previous recipe and a bag of frozen spaghetti squash from the end of summer. Due to the freezer clean out, I didn't use a whole spaghetti squash for this recipe, so it turned out to be more of a side dish than a main dish.

Adapted from Simply Taralynn.

Ingredients:
-2 cups spaghetti squash
-2 cups bell pepper slices (I used a mixture of red, orange, yellow and green)
-2 tablespoons capers
-3 tablespoons parmesan
-1/2 cup pasta sauce

In a hot skillet saute the spaghetti squash and bell peppers until the bell pepper slices are tender. Add in the capers and pasta sauce. Stir to coat. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.

The capers added a nice salty bite to the recipe, the pepper slices added nice color since I used a variety of different bell peppers. Overall this had good flavor and I was happy to split it with Dave as a side dish.

Comments

Popular Posts