Mini Lemon Handpies



This recipe is easy peasy, I had a large amount of lemon curd leftover from another recipe and I wanted to use it instead of letting it slide to the back of my fridge to be forgotten. You could easily make lemon curd or pie crust for this recipe, but if you'd like a quick and easy dessert with a pretty presentation, then use store bought ingredients.

Recipe from Lemons for Lulu.

Ingredients:
-1 Pillsbury pie crust
-1/2 cup lemon curd
-1 egg
-1/3 cup white chocolate chips

Use a round cookie cutter (or a small glass) to make an even number of pie crust circles. Using only one pie crust plus kneading and rolling out the dough scraps to ensure I was using the pie crust as fully as possible, I was able to make seven handpies.

Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of lemon curd in the center of half of your circles. Top with another pie crust circle and crimp the edges with a fork.

Lightly beat one egg and brush the top of each pie with the egg so you get a golden brown crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425.

Once the pies have cooled, drizzle with melted white chocolate.

I hadn't told Dave about my plan to use the lemon curd, so he was really happy to come home from work to find little handpies. These were really good, the lemon curd is both sweet and tangy. The white chocolate helps to add a little crunch and these are a wonderful size.

Comments

Popular Posts