Quinoa Breakfast Scramble


I know, I've still be slacking, can we just call this my summer vacation from blogging? I have several delicious looking summer recipes that I'm making next week and I will hopefully get the change to write posts for those and get them up on the blog in the timely fashion. My work schedule seems to be slightly less crazy this month leaving more free time available for cooking, eating, and blogging.

Recipe from Wendy Polisi.

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup cooked quinoa
-2 eggs, scrambled
-1/2 avocado, cubed
-2-3 tablespoons salsa (I used a black bean corn salsa)
-Pinch of salt and pepper

To make this recipe -- place quinoa in a serving bowl and top with eggs and avocado. Top with salsa and sprinkle with a pinch of pepper. That's it!

I recommend salting the eggs before you scramble them, I read an interesting article recently about the scientific reasons that salting the eggs before cooking them results in a softer scramble, if you salt them after the scrambled eggs will be tougher.


Comments

Popular Posts