Tomato Basil Avocado Soup



Merry Christmas from Alecia and Becky at Vegetarian & Cooking! I hope everyone is having a great Christmas so far. I got a beautiful new camera and ton of great new kitchen stuff so Vegetarian & Cooking! is having a great Christmas. I'm looking forward to spending the day with my family and with J. Here's the last meal of our Hamless Holiday dinner, it is also Soup Wednesday. Tomorrow we'll go back to our regular blog schedule.




Other A Hamless Holiday Recipes:
Bûche de Noël, dessert
Lighter Loaded Mashed Potatoes, side dish
Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies, main dish
The Poinsettia, cocktail
Tomato Basil Avocado Soup, starter


Other Soup Wednesday Posts so far this year: Pumpkin Black Bean Soup, Caprese Soup and Jalapeno Beer Cheese Soup.

Recipe from the Amazing Avocado.
Ingredients: 
-1 avocado
-28 ounce can of tomatoes
-1 quart vegetable stock
-1 cup heavy cream
-1 large onion, diced
-1 tsp dry oregano
-1 tbsp chopped garlic
-5 fresh basil leaves
-Salt/pepper to taste

Heat oil in a medium soup pot, sauté the tomatoes and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add the oregano, basil, plus salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes. Add stock and cook for 10 minutes. Remove soup from stove top and stir in heavy cream, blend using an immersion blender. Spoon into bowls and top with avocado to serve.



I was disappointed with the soup. I wish that the soup had been a lot thicker, I think that would have helped the avocado float on top better. I really liked the concept, the buttery avocado paired well with the tomato basil soup and with the seasoning. I would make this again, but with adjustments.

Cheers!! I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Comments

Popular Posts