Mustard and Onion Potato Salad



Happy Salad Wednesday! One more before we switch to a different Wednesday theme. And only two more days of my summer class left before I can actually enjoy my summer. If you've ever been a juror you know my pain -- most of my day is spent playing a fake juror for my classmates. How do people handle that? Dave and I have two great trips out of state planned for June. Once this class is over we have a ton of planning to do for both of those.

This potato salad is simple to make and is full of flavor. You probably have most of the ingredients already, the only things I needed to pick up were the potatoes and the green onions.

Other Salad Wednesday Posts: Greek Panzanella, Greek Yogurt Waldorf Salad, Chickpea Kale Salad,Cranberry Bacon Almond Goat Cheese Salad, Blood Orange Caprese and Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Tomatoes & Asparagus.

Recipe from All-Recipes.

Ingredients:
-1 small bag of mini red potatoes
-1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
-2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
-1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
-4 teaspoons cider vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
-2 green onions, chopped
Quarter and boil the potatoes until fork tender -- about twenty minutes. 

Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
Add potatoes and red onion -- gently toss to combine.
Top with paprika and green onions.

Overall I really enjoyed this potato salad and thought that it was flavorful. Half of a red onion was way too much onion though. I really enjoy onion in food and when I ate the leftovers for lunch I needed to push all of it to the side because it was too overpowering. This might be better with just the green onion on top and the red onion omitted.

Comments

Popular Posts