Hungarian Mushroom Soup


I know some people really hate mushrooms, but I think that they are delicious. I love to add them to soups, salads and sandwiches. This recipe doesn't take too much work to put together and is delicious served with a salad and some crusty bread.

Other Soup Wednesday Posts: Pumpkin Black Bean Soup, Caprese SoupJalapeno Beer Cheese Soup, Tomato Basil Avocado Soup and Southern New Year's Day Soup.

From Closet Cooking.

Ingredients:
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 onion, diced
-1 pound mushrooms, sliced
-1/4 cup flour
-1 tablespoon paprika
-4 cups vegetable broth
-2 teaspoons dried dill
-1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 splash lemon juice
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, heat the mushrooms and onions until the mushrooms are reduced. 
They should reduce to about half. 
Stir in the flour and paprika, cook for three minutes. 

Add in the vegetable broth, soy sauce and dill.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, simmering for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and sour cream.
Add fresh dill to the top if necessary. 
I thought this recipe was really good, it took about 45 minutes from start to finish and there was about 30 minutes of down time while the mushrooms cooked and while the soup simmered. I wish that it had a little bit of heat, my paprika wasn't very spicy, I wish I had added a little cayenne pepper. Overall I thought that it was a good recipe, my dad had three servings of it for dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts